Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Food for thought...

The next time you want to stare at someone who is bald you may want to consider why. I'll never forget how it felt when I was going through chemo and I was bald. People would constantly stare and it made me feel sad at first...but when I'd catch them staring, it was like catching a kid trying to get into the cookie jar. They've been caught. But after a while I realized that I too used to do the same thing. Therefore when I caught people staring. Didn't take it to the heart. Certainly seeing a bald guy is more common the seeing a bald girl...so I often felt like I stood out. Since my journey with cancer I have learned to think before I judge upon someone's physical looks. Again...as I've mentioned before...you really don't know what anyone is gong through until you hear their story. * This is my first blogpost on an iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment