Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Christine Oh-My classmate, my friend, another survivor.

Here is the story of my beautiful friend Christion Oh. She and I went to Canyon Highschool together. 


My memories of her were always fun...we would always mess around in the quad when class was in session. For some reason she and I were always on a "bathroom" break ;)


When I found out she had cancer I immediately reached out to her, I wanted her to know she was not alone...Thank you Christine for sharing your story with me and every one of my readers.


You have inspired me and shown me true courage.


I am thankful to God for your life.


CHRISTINES STORY:


Started March 2010. Noticed a bump on right ankle/leg, thought it was twisted or sprained from snowboarding. Went in for a biopsy, turned out to be Osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
It was a localized high grade malignant tumor. Did 6 months of chemotherapy. Had to leave medical leave from school, couldn't drive, lost my hair, ex boyfriend Kevin cheated on me (asshole!!)

Then August 23 2010 had surgery to remove the tumor. Since the tumor was sitting on the actual bone, had to get reconstructive surgery. Lost nerves in my foot shortly after surgery which was expected by the doctor. Surgeon removed the tumor and took part of the other bone in her leg to replace bone by her ankle. Had to use a wheelchair and crutches for 3 months and attended lots of physical therapy classes. Met new boyfriend Danny (wheel chaired me for months and carried my crutches in my car) November 2010...went back for another 6 months of chemotherapy. Finished. The tumor was dead and there were no signs of cancer anywhere in my body. 

Did some physical therapy, did some traveling and starting BSN program this fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment