Thursday, February 9, 2012

Greetings, welcome, bienvenidos!


As I pondered what my blog would focus on for my opinion writing class, I debated about the many things I love in life.


Food, music, fashion, travel destinations...but these are all common themes for blogs. I wanted to write about something better!


My passion for LIFE overpowered all my other passions. 


 After losing my mother to lung cancer in 2007 (she never smoked a cigarette in her life), I felt robbed of the core being in my life and my life changed immensely.


I was frustrated and couldn't fathom her death.  Two years later I was diagnosed with stage 1C Ovarian Cancer...this...another shocker.


But as I learned from my Mother, Luz Armida's death, life would continue.  This was just another bump in the road and I knew she would be by my side all along the journey.


 I was diagnosed with a Dysgerminoma tumor which was 17mm wide. The doctors said it hid in my lower left pelvic area for about three months.


The tumor was removed, I went through three months of chemo therapy at UCI Medical Center in Orange, California and here I am two years later.


A healthy, blessed, stressed, happy, confused, social butterfly, ambitious (your everyday) college student.


I am here to give hope and strength and to inform my readers of wonderful organizations that aim to help and make the public aware of the commonality and dangers of cancer.


I am here to honor those who are fighting the battle, to let them know they are not alone, because I KNOW how it feels when your life is put on HOLD.


I am here to be a POSITIVE influence for the souls who need it and look forward to showing my readers that Life IS Beautiful!




Roma





5 comments:

  1. Roma: You are on your way to a great blog. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, we have a mutual friend Janea, she turned me over to your blog. I was reading on here that you were interested in people's stories, if they are a supporter, or battling cancer. I'm not quite sure how to work this thing, but I do appreciate all that you are doing with support, and helping the charities by letting more people know about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melissa! Are you battling cancer right now? add me on facebook and we can talk more. Id love to hear/help you out in anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey roma
    sorry to hear that your mom died of cancer and did not know you had cancer. World would have been not as bright a place without you in it so glad u made it. I know what it feels like I lost two of my aunts to breast cancer so I am feel for you

    ReplyDelete